With the Ontario stay at home order in effect, you may be wondering about skiing and the Rockway Trail System. Fortunately, leaving your home for exercise is exempt.
As a cross-country ski trail, Rockway will remain open (weather permitting).
We must continue to take precautions to keep skiing a safe activity and ensure the trails can remain open:
- Stay home if you have any symptoms
- Stay at least 2 metres apart
- Face masks are recommended but not mandatory
- Ski in the correct direction to reduce passing. Directions are posted on the trails and marked on the map.
- If possible, avoid peak times (typically weekend afternoons) to reduce congestion. Evening skis can be a great option.
While group programs remain paused, there are still some fun activities you can participate in. The XCSO Kilometre Challenge runs until the end of March. We have already surpassed 3 000 kilometres! Registration is also open for our self timed challenge series.