Where: Rockway Golf Course
When: Week of February 13th, 2021
Registration Link: HERE
How the Challenge Works: READ CAREFULLY!!!!
- Sign up for one or both challenges using the registration link HERE
- Registration is needed to get an invite to the meeting, but is not needed to submit results
- Virtual challenge meeting on Friday February 12th, 2021 at 8:30pm (you will get an email invitation if you register before 4pm Feb 12)
- Drop in to Rockway GC over the challenge week
- Time and day of your choosing
- Honour system for times
- Record times using seconds as the smallest measure (i.e., HH:MM:SS)
‘CLASSIC CLASH’ and ‘ROCKWAY ROMP’
- U8 and younger
- Classic ski the distance course and and submit your results online
- U10 and older
- Freestyle technique for the Rockway Romp, classic technique the Classic Clash
- Ski the appropriate course, time it.
- Submit your results HERE
RACE MEETING: Friday February 12th at 8:30 pm via google meet
Course Map: Digital Map (subject to change by chief of course)
- Use the menu on the left to highlight specific courses
- 5km and 7.5km races will be multiple laps of the 2.5km course
|Age||Classic Clash Distance||Rockway Romp (Freestyle) Distance|
|Bunny U6||50m||50m (classic)|
|U18||7.5km (men) 5km (women)||7.5km (men) 5km (women)|
|OPEN||7.5km (men) 5km (women)||7.5km (men) 5km (women)|
|PARA NORDIC||7.5km (men) 5km (women)||7.5km (men) 5km (women)|
COVID and Other Considerations:
- Follow Waterloo Regional Public Health Guidelines at all times (no groupings of over 5 people)
- If other challenge skiers/families are there, you will need to move away and return when the course is available.
- The course will have some low key signage: start, arrows, finish. CHECK THE Digital Map!
- This is not an ‘event’, racers assume responsibility for their own safety while on course.
- Trails will be open to other users, please ski safely
- Physically distance (2m) from others outside your family and wear masks if physical distancing is a challenge. DO NOT GATHER.
Wax: Low Fluoro or No-fluoro glide waxes
Photos: Please take some photos during the challenge and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Submit results by 9 pm, Friday February 19th, 2021
- This is a self-timed event, each family times their own skiers
- Submit your results HERE
- Submit your name the way you want your name to look when posted online (e.g., Smith, J or JAMES SMITH etc). You can use a pseudonym if worried about online privacy.
- We encourage families to provide their own hot chocolate / cookie / healthy snack for each athlete to celebrate race afterwards
- There will be times posted and prizes (TBD)
- We hope to have some draw prizes as well! Sponsored by Amaryah, Adventure Guide and Insight Eye Care, Jana Fenigo.
- Prizes will be determined depending on registration. It may happen shortly after each challenge, or part of a challenge series virtual banquet.
Challenge Committee: Jess Sloss, Scott Dowling, Colin Rhodes, Brett Woodman, Justin Faulkner, Rob Daniells, Corrie Ballantyne