All participants in adult programs must be General Members.
Costs are listed on the Pricing page.
1. The ski club does not have Adult ski equipment for rent.
2. Adult programs are for age 18+.
- For those new to the sport of Nordic skiing, the beginner lessons will focus on teaching skiers proper classic ski technique. For those skiers with more experience, intermediate ski instruction will work on enhancing your ski technique and introduce more advanced skills to your skiing, such as step turns and double poling.
- Classic skiing – beginner and intermediate. Tuesday evenings @ 7:30 – 9 pm. Classic ski equipment required (skis, boots and poles).
- Skate skiing – beginner and intermediate. Wednesday evenings @ 7:00 – 8:30 pm. Classic ski experience is required. Equipment specific to skate skiing is strongly preferred. Skate skiers are encouraged to participate in dry-land training during the fall season.
- Lessons for 6 weeks. Tentative start dates (weather permitting): Tuesday January 5th, 2021 for Classic and Wednesday January 6th, 2021 for Skate.
Adult Ski Touring Program
Hit the trails with us! Whether you’re a novice or advanced skier, a Classic and/or Skate skier, get out on the weekend and explore some great ski venues in Southern Ontario! You’ll visit three (or more, if snow conditions cooperate) different Nordic ski areas over the course of the 2021 season. While you’re enjoying different trails, you’ll be increasing your fitness level and improving your technique, all the while having fun with others who love the sport and find the simple pleasure of being out in nature an exhilarating way to spend the day. Classic or Skate technique–your choice!
Car pooling and departure locations to be arranged by the group leader.
Tour dates for 2021 are to be announced. Venues may include Horseshoe Valley, Circle “R” Ranch, Highlands Nordic, Mansfield Outdoor Centre, Scenic Caves, Hardwood Ski & Bike or other locales, depending on snow conditions.
Sign up online when acquiring your club membership. Trail fees and a nominal fuel surcharge associated with carpooling are additional costs.
Join fellow skiers this fall with dry land training for fun and fitness. Activities and location will depend on participants. Training begins mid-October and will continue on a weekly basis thereafter until there is snow.
Sign up online when acquiring your club membership. For more information, please contact Heidi at Heidi.firstname.lastname@example.org
No additional fee.
Enjoy guided skiing at Rockway Golf Course in Kitchener during weekday, daylight hours (afternoon and/or noontime). Details to follow.
Sign up online when acquiring your club membership.