Summer is in full swing, but with the shortening days and declining mosquito levels we invite you to take a moment to start thinking about the upcoming season. Below is what you need to know about registration for the fall and winter programs along with a few club news items:
● Many thanks to Ken Campbell who is retiring from his role as Coordinator for both the Youth program and Race Team after many years of service to the club. We wish him well on his new adventures!
● Last year the club provided ski equipment rentals to over 50 families. The club is committed to updating and maintaining the youth rental fleet with $16,000 budgeted for new skis and ski equipment this year and further investments to come.
● This fall Waterloo Region will be recognizing the club for 35 years of service. Here’s to many more.
Enjoy your summer adventures,
WRNSC 2019-2020 Youth Program Preview
Bunny and Jackrabbit Program
● Aimed at ages 4-9
● Some 9 year olds may move up to TA Junior
Leader: Thiago Bartolomei
Track Attack Program (Junior)
● Aimed at ages 9 to 13, with some individual discretion possible
● For Jackrabbit Program Graduates or
● For Track Attack Beginner Graduates or
● For previous Track Attack Juniors
Leader: Stephan Latour
Track Attack Program (Senior) and Racing Program
● Aimed at ages 13 or older, with some individual discretion possible
● For Track Attack Junior Graduates or
● For individuals keen to enter racing at the highschool or club level
Leader: Scott Dowling
● Online Registration to open in early September, following an email notification
● Track Attack Junior & Track Attack Senior/Racing start Sunday September 15 from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m.
● Track Attack Junior & Track Attack Senior/Racing meet for dryland training and games Sundays from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m and Tuesdays 6:30-7:30 p.m. throughout the fall
● Fall training locations: Predominantly at Bechtel Park, but also at Schneiders’ Bush and other locations
● Equipment day at the end of October, once the new equipment arrives