When: January 20, 2019 from 10:30am to 3pm
Where: Highlands Nordic – Duntroon
What: FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY! DRESS UP BOOTH, MARSHMALLOW ROAST, SKI ORIENTEERING & RELAY, SKI YOGA
Cost: $14 trail pass, $14 classic ski rental
The SOD is looking for volunteers that can run some of the planned events – those volunteers that sign up will get their trail passes waived.
More info: XCSKIONTARIO.CA/DISTRICTS-CLUBS/SOD/
Some of the SOD races will be accompanied by free ski lessons, both skate and classic. This year they are offering lessons in two locations. More info will be posted on the SOD website and free registration on www.zone4.ca will be open shortly.
• Skate Lesson – January 26, Orangeville, at 1:00pm, 1-hour lesson for 8-10yr old and 15 and up intermediate recreational skiers
• Classic Lesson – January 6, Midland, at 1:00pm, 1-hour lesson for 8-10yr old and 15 and up intermediate recreational skiers
Main goals of this project are:
1. Target Track Attack (8-10 yr old) skiers from SOD clubs and recreational skiers/ non-competitive skiers (15 yr and up) in the SOD area
2. Give recreational skiers a chance to improve their skiing for free
3. Promote the SOD series
4. Explore xc ski areas/locations in the SOD region
5. Meeting other TA skiers from other clubs
6. Improve coaching cooperation between the SOD clubs